How do I make "PIGGLES"
? I'm glad you asked!
4-5 Large whole dill pickles
2 cups – little smokies diced fine
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
½ lb smoked bacon
1 cup of a sweet BBQ sauce mixed with ¼ cup of apple juice.
1. Slice the pickles end to end in ½ and then use an apple corer to scoop out the seeds leaving a pickle “canoe”
2. Mix the diced smokies and shredded cheddar cheese to make the stuffing.
3. Stuff the pickle “canoes” with the stuffing and wrap the bacon strips around the stuffed pickle from one end to the other. The finished product should have a spiral effect. If you would like to use less bacon, ½ strips work well also but require the use of a toothpick to keep in place. Always use caution when using toothpicks as the person eating can become injured if they are unaware of the toothpick.
4. Lightly dust the bacon wrapped stuffed pickle with a simple light salt BBQ dry rub. If you don’t have a BBQ dry rub available to you, this is a simple rub you can experiment with and build on.
3/4 cup paprika
1/4 cup fresh-ground pepper blend
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons onion powder
1 tablespoon sea salt
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
Store the remainder in a cool dry place.
5. Grill with indirect heat at 350 F for 20-30 minutes or until the bacon begins to crisp. Dress with the thinned sweet BBQ sauce and let stand for 1 minute.
Makes a great appetizer, side dish, or snack. Enjoy!
If you followed every step, you now have "PIGGLES"
If you are a "PIGGLES" virgin, you must eat your 1st "PIGGLES" whole in one bite! (you can't be a "PIGGLES" and not eat something like a pig!)